The benefits of a Classic Hot Towel Shave
For centuries, the hot towel shave was once a part of a weekly routine for many men. Shaving itself used to be a ritual. But sadly, these weekly and daily grooming rituals seemed to disappear in our modern world as people became too busy to treat themselves to a little TLC.
Luckily, it appears classic barbering is making a comeback and men are starting to once again want to take care of their skin. So, we thought we would talk about the benefits of a hot towel shave and introduce you to some of our absolute favorite products so that you can recreate the ritual at home in between your visits to the barbershop!
Why Bother with a Hot Towel Shave?
• The heat from the hot towel softens the hairs and opens the pores getting your face ready for a nice close shave.
• The shave itself helps to exfoliate your skin, helping to remove dry, dead skin and impurities that may be causing blockages in the pores.
• The facial massage helps to stimulate the nerves and promote circulation, which helps energize the senses.
What does it feel like?
• You will feel instantly relaxed. Think of this as your “You Time”. Your skin will feel insanely smooth and you will feel energized! There is nothing better than kicking your feet up and getting the deepest, cleanest shave of your life!
Our Favorite Take Home Products from Truefitt & Hill!
For over two centuries Truefitt & Hill, recognized as the finest traditional gentlemen's barber and perfumer in London, has provided discerning gentlemen with only the finest in grooming products and services. Established in 1805, Truefitt & Hill remains the world's oldest barbershop as stated in the Guinness Book of records and are barbers and Royal Warrant holders to H.R.H. The Duke of Edinburgh. Today's product offering is the result of over 209 years of research and intimate customer relationships. Their knowledge and experience provide today's man with an offering that is both sophisticated and practical. Gentlemen deserve the best in everything they do. If you are looking for the finest in men's grooming, we are confident you will find Truefitt & Hill's unmatched product quality and prestigious tradition unrivalled.
Famous Clients to Truefitt & Hill include the British Royal Family, Sir Winston Churchill, Charles Dickens, Oscar Wilde and Frank Sinatra to name a few.
• Truefitt & Hill Daily Cleanser - This cream-based formula is not only moisturizing but also deeply cleansing. It has a subtle lavender and lime fragrance and contains Jojoba beads which gently exfoliate, preparing the skin for shaving in the morning and/or cleansing at night. The Grape, Lavender, and Sunflower essential oils also help to moisturize and condition the skin giving you the best face forward for your day/night ahead.
• Truefitt & Hill Pre-Shave Oil - Contains ten essential oils for glide, moisturizing, healing and conditioning. Use before shaving to help protect your skin and soften your beard. Essential for a comfortable shave.
• Our favorite scents from the Truefitt & Hill Line are the 1805, West Indies Lime and Sandalwood! Whichever scent you choose, you will smell and feel amazing! We carry everything from the Shaving Cream Tubes, After Shave Splash, After Shave Balms and Colognes. You can customize your scents by mixing and matching the ranges as well! Our expert barbers will help you choose the perfect scent for yourself.
• Truefitt & Hill Shaving Cream Tube - Our glycerin-based shaving creams are an excellent way to achieve an incredibly close, yet comfortable shave.
• Truefitt & Hill Aftershave Splash - Splash-on and enjoy this refreshing treat for your skin! Helps close the pores and acts as an astringent. Presented in a beautifully etched traditional bottle.
• Truefitt & Hill Aftershave Balms - A rich, soothing moisturizer that contains lanolin and aloe vera extract. Suitable for all skin types and specially formulated for gentlemen with sensitive skin. Apply a small amount of balm into hands and massage into the face and neck area after shaving.
• Truefitt & Hill Advanced Facial Moisturizer - A smooth and creamy moisturizer with a subtle lavender and lime fragrance. Can be used day and night after your shaving ritual. It has three active moisturizing agents:
o Q-10 - a powerful anti-oxidant that occurs naturally in your body which helps to prevent damage to collagen and the elastic production process that helps to reduce and prevent wrinkles.
o Carnosine - which inhibits wrinkle formation.
o Helioguard 365 - which works to prevent cell damage from the sun as well as moisturizing the skin.
Our team would love to help you pick out the perfect products to suit your skincare needs and our amazing barbers can’t wait to treat you to a truly classic shaving experience!
The Make-Up Lounge & Style Bar Team